Monday, November 28, 2011

Day 74: 11/24/11 - "Ode to My Family"

"Happiness, was when I was young and we didn't give a damn..."

-"Ode to My Family" by The Cranberries

Airport Woes: I left for the airport 2.5 hours before my plane was scheduled to leave. Imagine my surprise when I arrived there and the long term parking was already closed.  But the San Antonio Airport didn't help the situation by not putting up any signs to divert us before we got stuck in the line for the long term parking.  You had to wait in line, get to a staff person who was blocking the short term lane, get directions and a ticket, turn in your ticket to get out of the parking and then go over to the overflow lot.  Once there we wound up waiting almost 30 minutes for a shuttle bus to come and get us and drop us off at the airport.

Family Matters: It was good to see my family and get to enjoy my Aunt's cooking!  The sad part though was that we were missing some family members who just didn't get to come.  How did I know?  There was food left at the end of the day.  There is never food left at Thanksgiving and this year there was.  It was also the first Thanksgiving without our Uncle Bobby - it just wasn't the same....

No comments: