Friday, November 11, 2011

Day 61: 11/11/11 - "Home"

"Maybe surrounded by
A million people I
Still feel all alone
I just wanna go home"

-"Home" by Blake Shelton

Presentation: I did a presentation today on the "The Customization of Services for Millennium Generation Students" with my colleague at the Access Services Conference in Georgia.  I felt the presentation went well, though it was not my best.  I had trouble getting into it, though I got compliments from people on how well it went and my poise.  Though I did feel like a fish out of water at this conference, since it is not my area of expertise, I do feel that I learned a lot and that the conference itself was well done.  They even fed us lunch at the end before we headed out.  I went ahead and went to the airport early with my colleague and wound up being there for nearly 6 hours.  At least I got a lot of knitting done...

Plane Conversations: I was reminded today of how nice it is to find someone you can just easily speak with and that you have some things in common with.  Too bad he was also happily married with children (story of my life).  You figure out pretty quickly, like I did, not to even expect to find anything else out there - it doesn't exist for some of us.  What did we talk about it?  Strangely enough, everything from flossing and the importance of taking care of your teeth, to dressing and cranberry sauce (jellied!) during Thanksgiving.  As I said, good conversations.

Ignoring Somethings Can be Detrimental to Your Health: But I'm ignoring my e-mail right now.  I don't want to answer it - I won't answer it - and I won't feel guilty about it.  I might feel differently tomorrow, but today, I'm tired and I'm going to bed.  And those who thought it was okay to send out e-mails on my behalf without checking with me first or even cc'ing me, will have me to deal with at the beginning of next week.  Beware, the *itch is back in town.

No comments: