Saturday, November 12, 2011

Day 62: 11-12-11 - "Wake Up"

"There's no sentimental value to the roast that fell on your floor.
There's no fundamental excuse for the granted I'm taken for..."

-"Wake Up" by Alanis Morissette

Recovery: Traveling always takes something out of me lately and I need time to recoup my energy and get my strength back.  But for some reason this last trip to Atlanta really did a number on me.  I'm struggling to concentrate today and with the lack of concentration comes listlessness.  I don't want to do anything, nothing appeals to me, and curling up into a ball sounds good right about now (though not productive).  I made it through my work e-mail but found myself alternately rubbing my head to ward off the headache that seemed to want to form, and frowning in anger at what I was reading.  E-mail should not have the power to elicit such anger out of me, but I find I'm losing my patience with the actions of others, especially when those actions are unnecessary and designed to be harmful.

Crossroads: I'm at one right now and struggling to figure out which direction I want to go in.  Each choice will have heavy ramifications, for me and for my family...

No comments: