Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Day 52: 11/2/11 - "Me"

"I am carrying my voice
I am carrying my heart
I am carrying my rhythm
I am carrying my prayers

And it's me who is my enemy
Me who beats me up
Me who makes the monsters
Me who strips my confidence

And it's me who's too weak
And it's me who's too shy
To ask for the thing I love
And it's me who's too weak
And it's me who's too shy
To ask for the thing I love...

I am walking on the bridge
I am over the water and I'm scared as hell
But I know there's something better
Yes, I know, yes, I know, yes, I know....

...But it's me..." 

Did I take your favorite toy when I was young?  I mean really, what did I do to make the Universe be so pissed off at me?  Did someone paint a "kick me" sign on my aura and then send out the hounds?  There is no way I can succeed with the roadblocks being placed in front of me.  So I guess I'm going to have to divert my path and head in another direction.  Because something tells me that if I try to go through the roadblock something is going to get broken, and that something is me. 

Two Down...Two squares to go on my first baby afghan of what I'm calling "baby season 2011-12."  It's kind of nice to be able to see how the squares are going to fit together and I'm feeling more confidant that I'll be able to finish the afghan before the end of next week (which would be a miracle!).

Genealogy: I'm still plugging away with the Franklin County marriage book - I'm making some real dents in getting maiden names for a lot of the younger women in 1900.  This is such a powerful thing for those doing research and trying to make connections.  It's funny how I'm finding it exciting to find information on someone else's family.  Of course I want to see information on my family, but the research is important to me as well.

No comments: