Sunday, October 23, 2011

Day 42: 10/23/11 - "Wasted"

"I don't wanna spend my life jaded, waiting
To wake up one day and find
That I've let all these years go by wasted"
 - "Wasted" by Carrie Underwood

Grading: Today was catch up on my grading day and needless to say, after 3 hours I was ready to pull my hair out!  There is no way I can continue to grade papers of this caliber without feeling like I should just give up and give them passing grades just to get away from them!  Okay, so that might be a little extreme, but I'm truly worried about the lack of writing of skills I see from these students.  I don't think its just my class either - I think it's the majority of students who hit our campus.  Makes me wonder what has truly become of our educational system.  Is this really the fault of technology along with all of the other changes that have come about in our world?

Candy for the Students: Today I spent my "Kawanna-money" on candy for the students.  What's "Kawanna-money" you ask?  It's money that I would normally spend on something for myself, like a dinner out, or even a movie.  But I haven't felt like I've deserved any treats lately, so today I went off and spent that money on the good candy (you know, Reese's, Hershey's, Butterfingers, etc.).  I'll take it in tomorrow and watch it fly out of the bowls.

No comments: