Friday, October 21, 2011

Day 40: 10/21/11 - "I Am"

"I never had a day where money didn't get in my way"

- "I Am" by Train

Book Sale - Day 5: Today was the final day of the book sale (yay!).  Unofficially, we raised over $1800.  I have to now pack up all of the books and take the rest to Half Price Books to sell to them.  Doubt we'll get very much but at least we'll get rid of the rest of them...but not sure how I'm going to get them all there on my own - I'll have to try to find some help.

60 Hour Work Weeks: I decided to calculate how many hours I actually spent working this week and it all came up to 60.  I couldn't believe it myself.  I've had some long weeks but I don't think I've ever hit 60 hours before.  50, yes.  Easily.  But not 60.  The sad part about it all was that I felt as if this was my most unproductive week ever.  I hope that doesn't continue as I move forward but so far nothing is changing for the better.

Grow Some!  Today one of my co-workers came up to me to let me know that a library patron had told her that he thought I was "beautiful."  I should be flattered but it actually pisses me off!  Why tell her?  Why not tell me?  Am I that intimidating?  What's the worst that could happen?  I tell him that I don't date students, or I tell him I'm not interested, or I tell him thank you and that I appreciate the compliment?  I'm tired of men too scared to say hello to a woman - if you think someone is beautiful - just tell them!  I actually find it creepier that you tell someone who is a stranger to you!!!

No comments: