Sunday, October 30, 2011

Day 49: 10/30/11 - "Smile"

"At worst I feel bad for a while,
But then I just smile, I go ahead and smile..."

- "Smile" by Lily Allen

Greenfields: Today, in my effort to save on gas (I don't get paid until Tuesday and I'm trying to hold out on the filling up the tank ordeal until then), I decided to walk up to Greenfields Market to get some avocados (on sale for 3/$1).  The weather was nice but I overdressed (it was cooler yesterday).  It took me 1 hour and 43 minutes to walk 5.15 miles, including stopping at HEB on the way back to get a newspaper and waiting on the lights in order to cross the road safely.  I doubt I'll do it every weekend (my knee hurts worse after today than yesterday), but it looks like a pretty good means of getting exercise.

Southwest Contest: So I am playing around with the Southwest contest to win a major amount of travel points.  They asked me to upload a video saying why I should be the winner and though I don't have a true video camera, I discovered that my little digital camera will record video and does it pretty well!  I doubt I'll win (though, wouldn't it be nice to be able to go anywhere I wanted to - especially to see my family, without worrying about the cost?), but I at least have to try.  I guess I still have those big dreams of one day being famous and being on TV.  Maybe people would like me then...

What Am I Missing?  I keep having the sensation that I'm missing something.  Not like a tangible thing but something else.  Like everyone else knows something that I don't, and because I don't know it, I'm missing out.  What is this secret thing that I can't quite describe and how do I get in "the know" about it?

No comments: