Thursday, October 20, 2011

Day 39: 10/20/11 - "I Need a Doctor"

"I'm about to lose my mind
You've been gone for so long
I'm running out of time
I need a doctor, call me doctor
I need doctor, doctor,
To bring me back to life..."

- "I Need a Doctor" by Eminem

Book Sale - Day 4: So today we did only a small amount of business, but that is to be expected as the sale winds down.  Tomorrow, we slash prices (1/2 off!) and also we will do the "All you can fit in a reusable shopping bag for $2.00."  Of course, they have to have their own shopping bag - we aren't giving those away!  I think we will have so pew people who are able to do this, but the 1/2 price should lure a few in.  If we keep going at the current pace, we might make $1700.  I also got a lecture today on how we should not allow someone who sells books online to come and buy things at our sale (as if I could stop them!), and since we likely cannot do that, we should price our textbooks higher than the other books and even offer a pre-sale to certain people who'd be willing to give us more money (since it is for charity and they can write it off).  Do I need to say that I was not in the mood for the lecture and I was proud of myself for not yelling?

Spirit Day: Today was spirit day, in support of the It Get's Better Project.  If you had purple, you were supposed to wear it today (and I think many people were but others just happened to be wearing the color). I didn't have anything purple to wear but I did take my purple scarf I'm knitting for a friend.  Funny that today was also the day that I walked past a student using the "f" word as if it were a normal part of polite conversation (which to him it may be).  I had to keep myself from yelling at him about using the word - if it had been one of my students there would have been serious hell to pay.  Instead, I just had to keep walking and showed my disgust with a look...not good enough, I know...

Double Up: Today was the first day of doubling up on my medication and so far, no difference (which is actually good because I was worried that I would immediately swing too far in the other direction.  Luckily, that did not happen and I'll take 2 more tomorrow.  Fingers crossed that I start to feel better and don't get an over-dose of the stuff.

No comments: