Friday, October 28, 2011

Day 47: 10/28/11 - "Emotions"

"In the words of a broken heart
It's just emotions taking me over
Caught up in sorrow 
Lost in the song"

- "Emotions" by Destiny's Child

One Down...I finished one of the four squares for the baby blanket so I'm feeling pretty good about getting it finished in the next couple of weeks.  I'm not sure how the whole thing is going to fit together even though the instructions seem straight forward.  It also looks like I did a nice job of estimating the amount of yarn so I shouldn't run out.  I'm also thinking about this method as a way of creating other items, larger blankets, etc.  Maybe I'll create something for myself one day?

Wardrobe Malfunction: Today was one of those days where I put on my clothes this morning and I didn't feel bad about the way I looked.  Of course, this means that there was something wrong with what I was wearing.  One of my staff members was nice enough to inform me that I had a hole in the back of my pants.  And it wasn't just a small hole. So not only am I going to have to trash my favorite pair of jeans (the ones that still fit!), I was also showing my underwear to anyone who was walking behind me!  I had to wear a sweater around my waist for the rest of the day (how embarrassing)...

Language Skills: I'm starting to worry that there is something wrong with me.  Lately, when I speak, I find myself having trouble locating the word I want to use or not putting words in the proper order.  And some times I just start making things up, like today.  I meant to ask someone if they had seen one of my colleagues recently.  But for some reason I couldn't think of the word "recently" so I asked them if they had seen her "soon ago." Though we all got a laugh out of it, I don't like the fact that I put together words to create something that I should have been able to simply say.  I'll have to keep an eye on this as I go along...

No comments: