Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Day 24: 10/5/11 - "Grenade"

"Gave you all I had
And you tossed it in the trash
You tossed it in the trash, you did"

-"Grenade" by Bruno Mars

Play...Repeat...Play...Repeat: I feel like most days are on a loop for me and not always a good loop.  It's like I'm going into a situation and I know exactly what is going to happen but I can only hope that it won't.  I think "maybe this time will be different."   But how many times have I said this just to watch the same thing happen again...and again....and again. 

The Chocolate Cake...was a hit!  The recipe is a keeper so I'll likely use it as a fall back any time I need to make a quick and easy chocolate cake.  Now I need to branch out and try some more flavors.  Lemon is on the top of my list, followed by an Oreo cake.  I guess I'm just still hoping that I'll one day be able to do this baking thing for a living (though I know in my heart that its not meant to be).  I wrote previously that I didn't have any dreams left, and for the most part I find it to be true.  But I think I'm clinging to this one because it will be the easiest one to let go when I realize it can never come true. The others are all harder.

Tomorrow: No, not the song.  I'm just thinking about all of the things I need to do tomorrow that should have been done weeks ago.  Deadlines are always coming up...new ones and old ones.  E-mails keep coming in that I don't have time to answer.  The phone keeps ringing.  The days keep going by faster and faster...and I keep getting further behind.  I'll have to use part of the time my class will be working on their midterms tomorrow to try to get ready for a 2:00 pm meeting.  Not fair to my students, perhaps, but I'm desperate.

Which Way Do I Go?  Anyone got any answers for me?  I'm again standing at a bit of a cross-roads right now, so I can likely go in any direction.  But whichever direction I choose, I want it to be the final one...

No comments: