Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Day 30: 10/11/11 - "Soul Rock"

"You are my soul rock when the tide is up
And the waves are crashing in on me
Soul rock when I've had enough
Of the wreck of everything"

-"Soul Rock" by Ferras

Name Tag: It's funny the things you notice at odd times. I put my name tag on today and realized that I had forgotten that my title had changed, so my name tag is incorrect.  Since they are cheap I've requested a new one be ordered for me, but then I remembered that my business cards are also now all incorrect.  Though not overly expensive, I hate the idea of throwing out a 1/2 box of business cards (though I also hate the idea of giving out incorrect ones and having to explain things).  What a waste...

Visiting the Vampires: Today was my blood draw day so that when I go back to the doctor next Wednesday they will hopefully have my results and know if my thyroid hormone levels are within normal range.  I also get to talk to the doctor about all of the other odd symptoms I'm having.  Hopefully this visit will yield the help that I need right now to try to get back to normal. I don't like this Kawanna very much at all, and I had enough trouble liking the other Kawanna.  Other than getting stuck in traffic due to construction, the blood draw was actually rather painless.  The technician did a really nice job and had me in and out of there in less than 3 minutes.  Too bad my doctor's visit will likely take 3 hours - I plan to take my knitting with me.

Speaking of Knitting...I have jury duty tomorrow and they don't allow knitting needles in the court room.  How heart breaking!  I'm planning to take my students' papers so that I can work on some grading, and I have a couple of books that I will try to read.  I wonder if they allow sleeping in the court room?  Sleeping I could definitely do!

Bothersome Book Sale: This book sale is driving me crazy!  I'm on book pick up duty tomorrow (if I get off of jury duty in time).  If I don't get them tomorrow I'll have to make another trip downtown on Thursday just to pick them up.  So far I've been told there are over 6 boxes waiting for me.  Not sure how I'm going to get all of those books into my car and then into the library, but I'll figure it out tomorrow.  Hopefully the temperature will stay Texas-mild and I won't be too uncomfortable as I try to shift and move heavy boxes.  I really can't wait for this book sale to be over and it hasn't even begun yet!

Listless: This is the best word to describe my students today.  Not sure what was going on with them, maybe it was the after-Midterm blues, but they just weren't "there" today.  I was frustrated with them and ready to call it a day myself.  Found out from one of my colleagues that his class was about the same.  Maybe something in the air on campus?  I hope it clears up before Thursday - I don't want to go through another class session like that again!

No comments: