Friday, October 7, 2011

Day 26: 10/7/11 - "Moves Like Jagger"

"Just shoot for the stars
If it feels right"

- "Moves Like Jagger" by Maroon 5

Cake View: Though I posted a picture of the chocolate cake when it was complete, I also wanted to post a picture of it sliced, so that I could show another dimension to the cake.  I've decided to forgo the lemon cake for another week because I want to make my s'mores cake using the chocolate cake recipe that I have that I know works and something new with a marshmallow icing that I'll need to practice making.  The lemon cake will have to go for the following week.

Picking Up the Pieces: I made a statement this morning on FB that I should stop reading my e-mails first thing in the morning.  Today was one of those days where reading my e-mail gave me an immediate headache and heartburn (yes, both things!).  Add to this what I call a blindside phone call where I get lectured for something I did not do (and would not do) and I was ready to throw in the towel before the day had even begun.  Sometimes I think that the O.A.R. song "Shattered" should just be my theme song for the rest of the year, because that's how I feel most days.  So tired and not able to fight back - defeated.

The Mystery of the Missing FedEx/USPS Box: So I ordered yarn to make some baby blankets (should keep me busy for the rest of the month if I can find the time and energy to get started!) and it was due to arrive on the 5th. On the 6th I realized that I had come home and not seen a note saying my box had been delivered to the office.  I check online and sure enough the box was "delivered to recipient" on the 5th.  But since I'm the recipient and I did not have the box, I was left wondering who the hell had my yarn!  I stopped at the office this morning just to check, and sure enough it was there.  One of the office staff stated that she had seen them deliver it - which was all well and good, but it would have been nice to actually have gotten notification that it had arrived.Guess I'd better get a move on with the knitting.

Midterms - Continued: I'm hoping that I can sleep tonight after all of the midterm angst that I've been dealing with for the last two days.  The sad part about it is, that I'm not even the one who had to take the test or worry about my grade.  I find myself stressing out for my students and worrying about the ones who are struggling.  I don't know how to help them when they don't want to help themselves.  I'll find out next week if I've lost a couple of my students - I don't know how to feel about that.

No comments: