Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Day 23: 10/4/11 - "Where Do Broken Hearts Go"

"I've been around enough to know
That dreams don't turn to gold
And that there is no easy way
No you just can't run away..."

- "Where Do Broken Hearts Go" by Whitney Houston

Under Pressure: I seriously got a lot done today but don't know how when it was no different than any other day.  Maybe it was the deadlines looming that didn't really give me a choice of not finishing.  Maybe it was because I didn't get too many random phone calls later in the day like I usually do.  Or maybe I just half-assed my way through a lot of little things and felt accomplished.  Who knows!  I just know I feel like I have less to deal with tomorrow.  Of course, that usually means there will be more trouble to deal with tomorrow...

Baking...Again: This time it was for the monthly office birthday party.  I made a chocolate cake with chocolate icing.  The chocolate buttercream came out pretty good this time around.  Haven't made any in a while and last time I made it I had the worst time getting it to taste chocolaty enough.  I hope others enjoy it - as I'm baked out now (too much baking and not enough eating of the baked goods).

I think I've decided that the next thing I want to make is a lemon-lime cupcake.  I've always liked lemon cake and lemon cookies, so I think I'll give it a try.

Mid-term Creation: Creating a mid-term is a royal pain in the butt!  There is no other way to say it.  You have to write it out, format it properly, read it again...then again.  Then you have to get someone else to read it to see what you've left out.  Then you can try to give it to your students and hope it makes sense.  Then hope you don't cry when you are grading it.  I think I'll be crying....

Blue Jeans for a Week: I'm out of work clothes and refusing to do laundry, so I'm wearing jeans every day this week.  I'm waiting for someone to notice.  It's not like me to wear jeans on any day but Friday, but so far only one of my students said anything today: "I've never seen you wear jeans before.  You look good!"  Tomorrow is LMT so that will be the true test of whether anyone will notice.

Should I Stay or Should I Go Now: Stay tuned.  Those that know me know what I'm talking about.  

No comments: