Saturday, October 15, 2011

Day 34: 10/15/11 - "Billionaire"

"I wanna be a billionaire so fricking bad
Buy all of the things I never had"

- "Billionaire" by Travie McCoy

Match.com: I mentioned previously that I let my subscription to Match expire a week ago after an unsuccessful year of searching.  But though my subscription was canceled, I still had an account.  Today I received a message from Match that I had received a wink, a like, and two messages.  I didn't go to look right away - why bother?  But I finally got around to it tonight and what do I find out?  Match won't let you see messages sent to you if you aren't currently subscribed.  This didn't surprise me too much, but what did surprise me (and piss me off) was that they wouldn't even let me SEE who had sent me the message.  Don't they think that I might be interested enough to subscribe again if I at least can see the person who took the time to contact me?  Instead, I went through and canceled my account completely - I have finally had it with these online dating companies, who claim they want to help you be successful but all they really care about is taking your money.  And I'm tired of these people who are on these sites looking for anything but a real person.  time to face to truth - I'm not going to find "the one" online because there is no "one."  Can't find what doesn't exist.

5k: I finally made it through another 5k today - it's been a while.  I may not ever be able to run outside again and I'll likely never be part of a race again, but at least I actually jogged/ran the entire thing.  39 minutes was a sucky time, though.  I need to get that back down to at least 34 minutes if I can.  I'd love to get back down to 31 minutes, which is my race low, but I don't see how I could possibly shave 8 minutes off of my time.

Back to the Doctor: I have my check in with the endocrinologist on Wednesday.  I've been actually looking forward to this for a month now due to the bad symptoms I've been dealing with.  Too bad I have to refill my prescription tomorrow when he might wind up changing it in 3 days.  After I finish with him I'm going to have to schedule an appointment to see a dermatologist and then a cardiologist.  Not sure where I'm going to get the time or money for either but II can't keep putting these things off.  I need to try to take care of myself, even if I don't have the motivation to do so.

For Your Viewing Pleasure: I rarely re-post videos, and I've never posted one in my blog, but I got a kick out of this one.  This is the Ohio University marching band doing LMFAO's Party Rock Anthem and doing it well!  As a former band geek, I'm proud to say that these guys and gals have skills!

No comments: