Monday, February 6, 2012

Day 148: 2/6/12 - "Just Wait"

"If ever you are feeling like you're tired
And all your uphill struggles leave you headed downhill
If you realize your wildest dreams can hurt you
And your appetite for pain has drinken it's fill...

I hope for you and cannot stop at hoping
Until that smile has once again returned to you face
There's no such thing as a failure who keeps trying
Coasting to the bottom is the only disgrace"

-"Just Wait" by Blues Traveler

Dreams...Again: Last night I had one of those dreams that I found strange, not only because of the content of the dream, but also because for the first time that I can remember, I had a dream that I woke up from, and when I went back to sleep, the dream continued.  So for all of those dream fans, here is what I saw last night (and for those who are new to my posts, keep in mind that I'm playing with the idea that my dreams are really views of an alternate reality where my life is just very different from the one I live here in this reality):
In my dream I got married (for those who know me, that would have been strange enough but it got stranger).  I have no clue what my husband looked like, height, build, etc., but I do know his name was Damien (yep, he had a name).  I don't know his last name but I got a hint a little later in the dream.  After the wedding (it was not a big event), my next memory was of me hanging out with my new husband in his apartment which he shared with 3 others! (I'm thinking New Girl  had something to do with that part of the dream).  We were all talking and I quickly realized that I didn't actually know much about my husband.  I was trying to find out and boom, we were off to bed and then I was parking my car.  For some reason I had two lunches with me and one was for my mom.  I met my husband in between our cars and I apologized for not making his lunch (I said I didn't know what he liked to eat!).  Then the next thing we are sitting in a small group of girls and chatting.  They were asking me who I was and I said that if he had remembered my ring they would already know.  Then he surprised me by pulling out this old ring with Keltic symbols on it and he tells me it a family heirloom (there's your hint to his last name...I only got the Mc...part).  Then he asked me where the piece of paper that had been wrapped around my finger during our wedding ceremony was and I remembered it falling off, but I had to tell him that I lost it.  I woke up as he was fitting the ring on my finger.
Talk about weird!

Girl Scout Cookies: It's GSC time!  I just got mine today and I'm happy to say that I only had one serving of one type (so I'm moderating well).  Just hope that I can continue with that though...they are mighty tempting!  In case you are wondering, I got 3 types:  Trefoils (my favorite!), Savannah Smiles (the new one), and Thin Mints (I like to freeze them!).

No comments: