Thursday, February 16, 2012

Day 158: 2/16/12 - "Ironic"

"It's like rain on your wedding day
It's a free ride, when you've already paid
It's the good advice that you just didn't take..."

-"Ironic" by Alanis Morissette

Mixed Signals: I'm all for people being straight forward but tonight I got some seriously mixed signals from someone.  Now I'm completely lost in terms of what they are thinking and how I should respond or act.  I've optioned to just keep being my usual self, but I just can't get a read on them!  Would you just come out and say it already?  What are you really trying to say when you don't say anything at all?

SUTF: Set up to fail...I feel that way sometimes, as if I'm part of a giant psychological experiment and that someone is just doing things to make sure that I eventually fail.  The only question is, how long will I last?  How much of a fight will I put up?  And what are the odds that I'll come out on top?  I'm not sure of the answer for any of this, but I do know what it is like when you realize that someone hasn't put you into a position or asked you to do something because of your talents or abilities, but rather because they think you won't be able to do it.

No comments: