Monday, February 20, 2012

Day 162: 2/20/12 - "Why Can't I"

"Why can't I breathe whenever I think about you
Why can't I speak whenever I talk about you"

-"Why Can't I?" by Liz Phair

Missed Moments: You know how you watch tv sometimes and you see a commercial or a movie or tv show where two people meet by accident and it just seems like the moment is right and they connect?  Well I feel as if I almost had that moment today and for some reason it just didn't happen.  I hate thinking back on things and trying to figure out what I did wrong.  Did I do something wrong?  Did I miss out on something really important?  A part of me knows that everything was all in my head - that there never was a "moment" and that my overactive imagination was being...overactive.  But another part of me can't help but wonder if I could have said something to cause a different outcome.  I'll never know and it's not important anyway...just another missed moment.

Early Morning Presentation: Tomorrow my co-presenter and I are holding our roundtable at the FYE conference.  On one level I'm a little nervous as I always am when I have to present in front of people, but on the other hand I'm just dreading having to get up so early to give a presentation.  I'm hoping it goes well since my plans to bake muffins have already gone awry.  I didn't exactly "burn" them but they came out a little more brown than I intended.  Now I have to take them to work and hope my colleagues there will eat them and enjoy them.

No comments: