Sunday, February 19, 2012

Day 161: 2/19/12 - "Keep Me In Mind"

"Keep me in mind
Somewhere down the road you might get lonely
Keep me in mind
And I pray someday that you will love me only"

-"Keep Me In Mind" by the Zac Brown Band

FYE Conference - Day 2: Today I ran into an issue I haven't experienced at a conference in a long time: full rooms!  There were only 3 sessions I was interested in during the 10:30 - 11:30 slot but all 3 were full to the brim.  There wasn't even standing room for any of them.  I wound up having to occupy my mind for the time and kept hoping the rooms would free up, but no such luck.  I'm heading in tomorrow for a 9am meeting and then some sessions.  Hopefully I'll learn something new - I picked up a couple of new things today (mostly during a vendor session).

Stress: My doctor told me that my heart palpitations were caused by stress.  Today they came back with a vengeance, so I had to stop what I was doing and try to figure out what was stressing me.  I won't put it all here - this is no the place, but I was able to narrow it down to three things, only two of which I have any control over.  I can only hope that I'll be able to find a solution to those two and the other one may work itself out.  Wishful thinking?  Probably, but I refuse to let the actions of others affect my health to this level.  The palpitations have stopped for now...but I have to be diligent about living a stress free life!

No comments: