Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Day 149: 2/7/12 - "Two Conversations"

"My brother gave you money
My sister gave a child
I gave you beautiful silence..."

-"Two Conversations" by Bill Reveles

Fitting Song Titles: There are days when the song title I hear early in the day truly speaks about the rest of the day.  This happened to me today in a way that was nearly impossible to comprehend.  But I think we left the meeting with some sense of understanding, even if I'm sure we were having two conversations.  Now it will be a watch and see situation - where we see if the final outcome of either conversation is what we hope for or expect.

Sinus Cycles: Just a couple of days ago I had a cough because my sinuses had drained into my throat and chest.  Now my head is stopped up again and I have a sinus headache.  Are you seriously telling me that I'm heading for another round of the stuffy head then sore throat then cough issue I just dealt with?  It sure seems that way!  I'm going to have to hope the weather changes soon and helps with whatever is making my sinuses hate my guts!

Survivor's Guilt: I'm having survivor's guilt...though I don't know what I survived!  I just have this nearly overwhelming sense that I should feel guilty.  I'm stuck trying to figure out what I did wrong and why I feel so guilty for my actions (or supposed actions).  I may never know - I may only be able to shake it off and move on.  Either way, it is uncomfortable!


No comments: