Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Day 143: 2/1/12 - "No More Rain in This Cloud"

"There's no hiding place,
When someone has hurt you
It's written on your face.
And it reads....
Broken spirit, lost and confused,
Empty, scared, used, and abused.
A fool...."

-"No More Rain in This Cloud" by Angie Stone

The Unmitigated Gaul!  The audacity of some people, to shirk their responsibilities on to someone else, and then when it doesn't work out, try to change it to make it fit...and when that doesn't work, giving it back to the person who worked on it originally!  Also, seriously, your writing skills are atrocious - please don't mix your writing with mine and contaminate something that flows nicely, with something that is too blunt, makes no connections, and sounds as if it were written by a teenager.  Okay, off of my soapbox...

Baking!  Yesterday I made chocolate cupcakes with chocolate buttercream icing for one of my students (here birthday is tomorrow).  They turned out great, except the icing had an odd look to it.  For some reason it began to break down when I added the dark chocolate.  The only good thing about it was that the icing turned out to almost shimmer like silver.  Whatever I did , I doubt I could manage it again! The cupcakes were well-received though, so I'm looking forward to making other things next.

No comments: