Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Day 170: 2/28/12 - "Heaven"

"Maybe I should take my time
And build this life by my own design
With no direction and it's in between
Everything I love and everything I need"

-"Heaven" by O.A.R.

Real Conversations: It's funny how you sometimes get to have conversations with someone that are a bit unexpected but turn out to be one of the best conversations you could have had - especially at that particular time.  That's what happened to me today and though I didn't learn anything new, it was good to get a chance to have someone validate my own thoughts and plans.  It was also painful for me to recount some things that bothered me when they happened but I now realize I had absorbed them and they were festering in me.  This is what leads to increased stress, which is not good for me emotionally or physically.  I now have both feet planted on the ground and pointed in the right direction.  I also have a plan....

Small Victories: Today I accomplished something so small, so insignificant, that no one else would really care or understand.  But to me, it was a victory, albeit a small one.  I can't go into great detail, but suffice it to say that I won the stare down; held my breath the longest; blinked last...you get my drift.  I won!

Planning a Trip: I'm going to plan a trip for myself.  I need to take a vacation - I need to get away.  I need to go and do something fun and completely out of character for me!  I don't know what this is just yet, but I'll figure it out soon.  I also know that no matter what I do, I won't feel guilty about it...won't second guess myself...and won't mope around my hotel room...and won't forget why I'm there to begin with.

No comments: