Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Day 157: 2/15/12 - "The Day I Tried to Live"

"I woke the same as any other day
Except a voice was in my head
It said seize the day, pull the trigger
Drop the blade, and watch the rolling heads...

Words you say never seem
To live up to the ones inside your head
The lives we make never seem 
To ever get us anywhere but dead...

I woke the same as any other day you know
I should have stayed in bed...

And I learned that I was a liar
Just like you..."

"The Day I Tried to Live" by Soundgarden

My New Addiction: My friends know that I really don't have any addictions in my life.  I can give up things easily as needed and don't get very attached to many things.  Of course, technology may be a possible new addiction for me.  And now I have a Kindle Fire, so I'm likely going to wind up carrying it with me everywhere and using it in ways that I never imagined.  I can already see the benefits as compared to trying to use my phone to search for things.  The larger screen is very handy.  Now I just need to get a case so that I can protect it - no way I want anything happening to this baby!

Rough Day: Some days are just tough.  I woke up this morning angry and I didn't know why.  I felt like throwing things and stomping (which I didn't) and slamming doors (which I did).  It was completely out of character and also very frustrating, because if I'm going to be angry, I want to know why!  Luckily I didn't take my mood into work with me (not really, though some frustrating things happened there as well, and I did get angry about one of them, but I was able to keep it even keeled).  I can only hope that tomorrow is better...and try my best to make it that way.

Mardi Gras: I realized that on the same day as when I plan to make muffins for an event, it will be Fat Tuesday and I want to also make a King cake.  I think that I might be baked out this weekend, and I'll need to make the King cake on Sunday and the muffins on Monday night.  That should work...I hope...

No comments: