Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Day 171: 2/29/12 - "Don't Let Me Get Me"

"Everyday I fight a war against the mirror
I can't take the person starin' back at me..."

-"Don't Let Me Get Me" by P!nk

Happy Leap Year:  It's always interesting when Leap Year rolls around because of that extra day.  I actually know someone born on February 29th and we always joked that he aged more slowly than others, since he really only celebrated his birthday every 4 years.  That would make him a little over 8 years old now...I think (math was never my strong suit). 

When Life Bites Back:  You always try to take a bite out of life and live it to the fullest.  But what do you do when life bites back?  It does to me on a regular basis, but it really hit a couple of people I know pretty hard over the past week or so.  I try to help them cope but its difficult when things make them feel embarrassed and they aren't willing/able to share the whole or true story with you.  I'll keep plugging away, and hopefully make them see that it is not just them, that others are struggling too, and that they can't just give up.  Pot calling the kettle black!

No comments: