Monday, February 13, 2012

Day 155: 2/13/12 - "Hello"

"Hello, I am your mind giving you someone to talk to...
If I smile and don't believe
Soon I know I'll wake from this dream
Don't try to fix me, I'm not broken..."

"Hello" by Evanescence

Sucky Mondays: There are some days you just don't want to get out of bed, and today was one of those days.  I don't know if it was just me, but others were dragging too.  Of course, they were likely tired from having lots of fun on the weekend.  Me, I was just tired because I was awake.  I've also realized that Monday's are my "get nothing done" days.  I tend to be on the desk or IM for most of the day which just puts a kink in any plans I have for working on anything at my computer.  I even did 3 hours straight at the desk today (which was great for helping students, but terrible for getting anything done).  Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

Vacation Planning: I've decided that I need to take a vacation, despite the fact that I have no extra money and that I'd have to go by myself.  I just have to decide where I want to go.  Right now my list looks like this:
  • Vegas - never been there and I've always wanted to go.
  • Miami - never been and it should be warm.
  • Denver/Vale/Aspen - skiing!
  • Arizona - Cactus League Baseball!
Not sure if I can afford any of them but I'm going to check into!

I Hate Valentine's Day!  Who says the Grinch only shows up during Christmas?  I truly despise Valentine's Day so I made cookies to take to work.  Now, I know what you are thinking - if I hate Valentine's Day, why would I make heart-shaped cookies for my co-workers?  So that I can make sure that everyone gets something for that holiday.  Me, I get a couple of cards each year which is enough.  But right now V-Day is definitely at the top of my list of most hated holidays.


No comments: