Friday, February 24, 2012

Day 166: 2/24/12 - "Run"

"Are these times contagious?
I've never been this bored before.
Is this the prize I've waited for...
Have I got a long way to run..."

-"Run" by Collective Soul

Big Race Tomorrow: Tomorrow is the Diploma Dash and I'm both excited and anxious about running in my first race in a long time (since 2009 Race for the Cure!).  I'm super psyched to see what my time will be but I'm worried about how my knee will hold up.  The good news is that the weather should be a little cool and I tend to run better in this type of weather.  The bad news is that it might rain and it will likely be very windy (which makes for tough running!).  I hope I can sustain my pace and not get run over by the other 2,000 people there...and not finish 2,000th!

Some People Are Just...Mean:  Okay, so I'm not a Taylor Swift fan, but I felt like channeling her today when I was dealing with the actions of grown ups acting like petty, small children.  Immaturity has no place in professional locations, nor does it have any place in deciding or impacting the future of someone else.  The fact that I was expected to accept that and just sign my name on the dotted line is comical to me.  No chance that would ever happen!  I can only hope that they will get what is truly coming to them based on their actions. 

No comments: