Sunday, February 5, 2012

Day 147: 2/5/12 - "Superman (It's Not Easy)"

"I can't stand to fly
I'm not that naive
I'm just out to find
The better part of me..."

-"Superman" by Five for Fighting

Super Sunday of Cooking: While most people were busy preparing dishes for Superbowl Sunday get togethers, I was busy just cooking for myself.  It's starting to get old and it makes me more cognizant of my loneliness.  But I will say that I did yeoman's work today and managed to cook/bake a huge amount in a very short amount of time.  Here is what I made today:
  • roasted drumsticks
  • barbecue drumsticks
  • pinto beans
  • Spanish rice
  • blueberry muffins
  • guacamole
  • pasta and vegetables
  • garlic roasted potatoes
  • garlic mashed potatoes
  • boiled shrimp 
  • baked catfish
Overkill?  Probably, but I must say that I enjoyed myself and relieved some serious stress. Here is a picture of the blueberry muffins.  I didn't take pictures of the other stuff because I was packing it into the fridge as I went.  But trust me, everything looked delicious!

Tough Decisions: I'm back to the tough decisions conversation again.  Yes, this is the internal one I keep having with myself and now I'm starting to think I need to go in a different direction. Now I need to go check some deadlines and some online information before I make my next decision, but I'm starting to lean towards a more scholarly path than I had at first thought.

The Superbowl: I have to include an entry on the Superbowl and the ads that were played as well.  Talk about a great game!  And I was pulling for the Giants, though the pieces that they did on the Pats had me crying and almost cheering for them as well.  Neither is my favorite team but I'm just not a Pats fan.  I'm glad it was a great game that came down to the very end.  As for the ads, I thought there were some pretty good ones and some lame ones.  My favorite? the Doritos commercial with the missing cat and the family dog that bribes the man with his favorite Doritos.  I think that one will be a classic!

No comments: