Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Day 282: 6/19/12 - "Take Me There"

"There's a place in your heart where nobody's been.
Take me there.
Things nobody knows, not even your friends.
Take me there.
Tell me about your momma, your daddy, your home town, show me around.
I wanna see it all, don't leave anything out.
 
 I wanna know, everything about you.
And I wanna go, down every road you've been.
Where your hopes and dreams and wishes live, where you keep the rest of your life hid...."

-"Take Me There" by Rascal Flatts

Not Great But Not Bad: My return visit to my least favorite type of doctor in the world (ladies, you all know which one I mean) turned out better than I expected.  Yes, I have a couple of fibroids, but neither is in a location that they are worried about, and neither is of a size that would cause problems.  So lucky me, I get to just take ibruprofen for the pain (again, ladies, you know what I'm talking about).  All in all, a good visit if you can get past the very invasive sonogram I had to have.  For all those politicians who want to pass a law requiring any woman to have to have a sonogram in order to have an abortion - all I have to say is "not a chance!"  I would not wish that uncomfortable procedure on any woman, no matter the reason.  I may not think that abortion is right, but it is still the right of an individual woman, one that they've been making for hundreds of years (Yes, men - abortions existed long before there were doctors, clinics, or anything sanitary and safe.  Women figured it out back then, they'll figure it out again, so get over yourselves!).  Okay, I'm off of my soap box.

Packing:  I hate packing for long trips - especially when I'm trying to avoid paying for my luggage.  Now I have to make decisions about what to take and what not to take.  I think I'm just going to borrow some clothes from my friend Toni - she's shorter than I am, but we wear about the same size.  So if I need something nice to wear to one of our outings, I may have to rely on her (or go shopping and leave it with her!).  Oh well, I'll figure it out tomorrow - I'm too tired tonight to deal and I have some self-medicating to do...doctor's orders (see above!).

No comments: