Friday, June 1, 2012

Day 264: 6/1/12 - "11am"

"seven a.m.,
the garbage truck beeps as it backs up
and I start my day thinking about what I've thrown away.
Could I push rewind?
The credits traverse signifying the end but I missed the best part.
Could we please go back to start?

Forgive my indecision..."

-"11am" by Incubus


No Sleep...My smoke alarms started malfunctioning last night right around 11pm.  It happened once, then an hour later, then 5 minutes later, then 10 minutes later.  It tried to go to bed with cotton in my ears and hoped for the best, but I was so tense waiting for the stupid thing to beep that I didn't fall asleep until 3pm.  Then someone's car alarm malfunctioned and started going off at 5am.  I finally made myself get up at 6am since it was pretty much a lost cause.  I was so tired at work today I could barely see straight let alone think straight!  I'm going to have to do some work over the weekend to actually catch up on things. 


Farewell: Today we had a short going away party for a staff member who will be going to another local university.  Though we were there for to say goodbye, I couldn't help but to notice the cake that was catered.  I was surprised by the lack of quality shown in the cake.  It was a marble cake with vanilla icing.  The icing was definitely not fresh buttercream (tasted like it came out of a canister).  The cake was moist though and fairly tasty (if not a little lopsided...though I know how that can happen!).  Even the decorations were basic - not sure what the Libraries paid for the cake, but I suspect they were overcharged...And that's not just the baker in me jealously talking!


No comments: