Sunday, June 10, 2012

Day 272: 6/9/12 - "Take Me Out To The Ball Game"

"Take me out to the ball game
Take me out with the crowds
Buy me some peanuts and Cracker Jack
I don't care if I never get back
For it root, root, root for the home team
If they don't win its a shame
For its one, two, three strikes your out
At the old, ball game"

Even the Minors Are Fun: I hit the Missions game with my co-worker last night and really had a nice time, despite the mugginess that we had to sit through.  A smaller ball park is often a lot of fun to experience - and we were able to get two seats behind home plate in the 2nd level (which in a small park is pretty close).  The Missions are a San Diego affiliate so luckily I have a Padres hat I was able to wear to the game (though there, you see a lot of Rangers' hats and almost every other major league team).  There were a few Missions fans too - and you could tell they were people who love their Missions.  They had 3 different mascots running around, and in the San Antonio heat I hope they receive hazard pay.  They have a jalapeno, a puffy taco, and a Church's chicken.  It's always fun to see these characters interact with the crowd, especially the kids, and there were a lot of kids there.  A number of little league baseball and softball teams came as a group.  I enjoyed some nachos and split a funnel cake with my colleague - which, though not healthy was definitely worth having.  We got a nice fireworks show at the end and the Missions won.  I'd like to go back some time, it was an affordable baseball outing (around $25 for ticket, parking, and food), which when compared to a major league game is about 1/4 the cost.

No comments: