Monday, June 4, 2012

Day 267: 6/4/12 - "Voices"

"You could say I'm a little bit crazy
You could call me insane
Walkin' round with all these whispers
Runnin' round here in my brain..."

-"Voices" by Chris Young

When it Starts to Get to You: I know I'm letting things get to me when I start to forget things that I shouldn't.  Today I barely remembered I was supposed to be at work early and made it just on time.  Then I forgot that I had switched desk shifts around and actually didn't have to be at the desk, but still rushed through my lunch as if I had to be (my stomach did not appreciate the abuse).  I made it through the rest of the afternoon and thought it was getting better, but I got home and realized I was supposed to stop at the store to pick up some butter for the baking I had to do.  I got lucky when I found I had enough (just enough) to make my batch of buttercream.  And then...the buttercream fell apart!  And I had no more butter - I was so upset!  Then I sat down and decided to do my post (before I forgot one more thing).  I logged into my e-mail just to see what was there and low and behold - I got my reminder for my two chat shifts...that I had forgotten completely.  Jeez...I feel like such a dumb ass right now!  I have to get it together and soon - I can't keep letting the actions of others (or the inactions in some cases) ruin my life.  I have to focus, accomplish as much as I can and try to be my best - that is all I can do!

Banana Cream Cupcakes: Since I messed up the buttercream, I don't have any nice pictures to post, but at least I can report that the cupcakes themselves (vanilla with banana cream and banana with banana cream) were absolutely delicious...moist, soft, and tasty!  Then I killed the butter cream and ruined everything.  I won't post a picture of the ruined buttercream - it breaks my heart to even think about it.  And what a waste of ingredients!  I think that bothers me more than anything else.  I hate wasting anything!

No comments: