Sunday, June 24, 2012

Day 286: 6/23/12 - "It's A Small World"

"It's a world of laughter
A world of tears
It's a world of hope
And a world of fears
There's so much that we share
That it's time we're aware
It's a small world after all..."

-"It's A Small World" by Disney

Long Days at Conference...But Worth It!  Saturday proved to be a long day at conference.  LIRT meetings from 8am - Noon; standing at the LIRT booth until 2:00pm; Visiting my friends poster session until 2:30; hitting the LCDP closing ceremony until 4:00pm; Then Disney with good friends....where I ate too much and rode some rides.  Here are my Disney reflections:
  • It was smaller than I expected.  We took the train just to ride and I had the impression that it was larger, but once we walked it and kept on walking, I realized just how small it was.
  • I seem to have a thing for ears...I got a Mickey pretzel and relished biting his ears off...
  • Captain EO Tribute was great - seeing Michael young again and doing what he did best was nice...
  • The Pirates of the Caribbean ride was a joke...I liked seeing the animitronic Johnny Depp but the ride itself was just...blah.
  • Splash Mountain lived up to its name...got soaked!
  • Space Mountain was the best - loved it!
  • Goofy is a little handsy with adults - be careful when you give him a hug! :-)
I hope to have pictures to post later.  I'll add them to this post!

No comments: