Friday, June 1, 2012

Day 263: 5/31/12 - "Heaven Forbid"

"Twenty years it's breaking you down, 
now that you understand there's no one around.
Take a breath, just take a seat, 
you're falling apart and tearing at the seams.

It's on your face, is it on your mind, 
would you care to build a house of your own.
How much longer, how long can you wait, 
It's like you wanted to go and give yourself away.

Heaven forbid you end up alone and don't know why

Hold on tight wait for tomorrow, you'll be alright..."

-"Heaven Forbid" by the Fray

You Have Got to Be Kidding Me!  I was sitting at home minding my own business when all of a sudden my fire alarms started to blare.  They only beeped 3 times each, but they were loud, annoying, and totally out of the blue.  No, I wasn't cooking anything - the oven hadn't even been on tonight.  No, I wasn't using the microwave.  I have no idea why they started to go off.  I checked outside to see if my neighbors were burning down the complex and there is no smell of smoke, no heat, nothing.  I thought all was good, but then they did it again right at Midnight!  What is this?  Some kind of joke?  Alarms don't get to go off for no reason.  These aren't the kind that I should have to get up and put batteries into because they are wired to work together.  I mess with one and they both go off!  I'll have to check with the complex tomorrow since I don't want to be scared awake by alarms (or have my neighbors yelling at me about it either).  Guess I'll try to go to sleep now...and hope for peace and quiet...

No comments: