Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Day 281: 6/18/12 - "No Surprise"

"I've practiced this for hours, gone round and round
And now I think that I've got it all down
And as I say it louder, I love how it sounds
'Cause I'm not taking the easy way out
Not wrappin' this in ribbons
Shouldn't have to give a reason why

It's no surprise. I won't be here tomorrow

I can't believe that I stayed 'til today...

It came out like a river, once I let it out

When I thought that I wouldn't know how
Held onto it forever, just pushing it down
It felt so good to let go of it now
Not wrapping this in ribbons
Shouldn't have to give a reason why

If I could see the future and how this plays out

I bet it's better than where we are now..."

-"No Surprise" by Daughtry

Some Days Are Longer Than Others: Some days are made longer than others by the actions of certain people.  Having to sit through a meeting where nothing of importance is discussed is so tedious sometimes.  Especially when you have other things to do.  Also, when you have to work on something that you truly don't want to work on, that can make the day longer as well.  Finally, dealing with someone who has their own distinct and negative opinion about how students should learn, and dismissing your offer of help, can make a day really, really, long!  And of course, having to cover chat until 9pm can make a day long.  I know I'm not telling most of my friends about anything they haven't experienced for themselves.  Hence my post just now getting done at after midnight.  But tomorrow is another day and I get to sleep in, so goodnight all!


No comments: