Thursday, June 7, 2012

Day 270: 6/7/12 - "Follow Through"

"So, since you wanna be with me
You'll have to follow through
With every word you say
And I, all I really want is you
you to stick around
I'll see you everyday
But you have to follow through
You have to follow through
..."

-"Follow Through" by Gavin Degraw

You'd Think I Would Learn...There are just people in this world who don't want to work and who will find any excuse not to do any work, even when their work is pretty basic and cushy compared to what others have to do.  If either of my parents could earn as much as some people do and only have to come to work in a library versus say, a chicken plant or a factory, I think they would jump at it!  If you are truly ill, then of course you shouldn't come to work.  If you just don't feel well but otherwise you are fine - you should come to work!  If I didn't go to work just because I didn't feel well, then I'd spend most of my days at home lying around, feeling sorry for myself!  Okay, off of my soap box..

Why Are Women Nicer To Me Then Men?  I've had a number of women tell me they thought I was pretty, even gorgeous (though I know that is a super stretch) and I remember thinking that they were all crazy (and no, they weren't hitting on me...well, maybe one was).  This is not about me either, this is about the fact that women and men see people differently.  Just like other women, I can look at a woman or a man and see the beauty in them - even if society says they aren't "beautiful."  So why do most men not have that ability?  I'm not saying all men...but most.  I know that in the world of most men my age and younger, I don't measure up.  For older men, I'm okay.  But by the time I reach the age of needing an older man, I will no longer be pretty for them.  How unfair is that?  Okay, time to stop dwelling on that!

No comments: