Sunday, June 17, 2012

Day 280: 6/17/12 - "Make You Feel My Love"

"I know you haven't made your mind up yet
But I would never do you wrong
I've known it from the moment that we met
No doubt in my mind where you belong..."

-"Make You Feel My Love" by Adele

Reverse Discrimination?  Okay, so this is going to sound weird and be one of my odder observations, but a few weeks ago I remember fussing because I got up Sunday morning for my walk to the grocery store, only to find it closed.  Why?  It was Mother's Day and HEB was closed.  I couldn't believe it!  So I got up this morning and prepared myself for the same fate, though I needed to walk anyway.  Low and behold, they were open...normal hours.  What in the world?  Is this a way to say that fathers are less important than mothers in our world? What could be he reasoning behind this decision?  I'm still trying to figure this out (while also being happy the store was open).

Waiting Game: I hate having to wait to do something, whether pleasant or unpleasant.  I just want to get whatever it is over with and move on.  But now I have to wait and I need to be patient about it.  I can't let my emotions get the best of me.  I need to remember to stay clam and in control.  I also need to go ahead and pack for my trip on Thursday.  No wait I'm waiting until the last minute to do that!  Still hoping to get a ride from the airport.  I thought I was going to be able to ask for a ride to the airport but realized my flight leaves at 7am, so no chance anyone would be willing to get up at 5:30 to drop me off.

No comments: