Sunday, June 24, 2012

Day 287: 6/24/12 - "This Is How We Do It"

"This is how we do it
It's Friday night
And I feel alright
The party's here on the west side..."

-"This Is How You Do It" by Montell Jordan

Conference Long Days...Again: What a day!  I decided to skip breakfast because Disney wiped me out.  For once NJ got up before I did!!!!  But since she is such a good roommate she did not purposely wake me up since I was awake but playing possum.  I finally rolled over, got dressed, got a quick breakfast and headed over to Sage for a focus group on mobility and e-books - it was an interesting session with a mix of different library types and Sage was nice enough to give us Starbucks gift cards.  Then it was off to the LIRT program (which was very well attended, and people left because there were no seats).  I stuck around for 30 minutes but had to leave to attend the Spectrum Luncheon (where they were celebrating Betty Turock and all she has done for Spectrum).  It was a great lunch (great food) and great atmosphere.  Then it was back onto the bus to head over to Disney again for a meeting but I was late because the buses suck!  I hate having to wait for a bus, then get on the bus and have the bus wait to leave...are you kidding me?!?  So I was late for my meeting but I made it.  Then I walked back (because I hate the buses), hit the Convention Center for a bit, and then back to the room to shower and put on my dancing shoes. Then I went to the LIRT 35th Anniversary party where we had some really nice live jazz music (provided by the Blue Breeze Band), I made everyone dance, and we had fantastic food!  I'll post pictures later of me in my killer dress.  Now hanging out with NJ before possibly doing karaoke (if I don't fall to sleep).  All in all, not a bad day at ALA!

No comments: