Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Day 205: 4/3/12 - "You"

"I'll never try, I'll never die
I'll never push for you people
I'll tell you how I feel
I'll never lie, I'll never cry
I'll never try for you people
I'll tell you, yes it's real..."

-"You" by Candlebox 

Histories Tragedies: I've been taking advantage of the free Ancestry.com time to do some more family research and what I've discovered is that history makes me sad.  I've found out that some of my relatives died from diseases that were preventable, or at least unexpected for them to suffer from: Typhoid fever, tuberculosis, pneumonia, and the kicker: two young girls in one family died 3 years apart from complications related to childbirth (though their death certificates say from incomplete abortions).  No more information about them, but the horrors of losing one child, let alone two, to similar issues is scary.  But what's even scarier are the ideas floating in my head about what happened to those two girls.  What are the odds that two young women in the same family wind up pregnant early in life (16 and 14 at their deaths).  Usually you have to start looking around the household when that happens twice (of course, these were different times, but still, I find this very suspicious).  Neither of those girls deserved to die at such early ages.  Life was tough, but it was made tougher by their situations.  The 14 year old was still in school when she died...


No comments: