Sunday, April 15, 2012

Day 216: 4/14/12 - "Silence"

"Silence is cruel and bright
When you've been up all night
Another lonely scene
watching it pass us by..."

-"Silence" by Seal

Another Bad Run: I tried a different route again today, this time running down Bitters.  I didn't realize how many hills were on Bitters and I knew as soon as I hit the first one that I was in trouble.  There were three more and then I had to turn around to head back home.  I managed to re-run all of the hills on Bitters but I only made it another mile on Blanco before I had to finish my run by walking the last mile or so (by the way, I hate doing that...makes me feel like a failure!). Not sure if it was the humidity that got me (I was drenched before mile two), or something else.  There was a great breeze blowing today so I can't say it was too hot.  I was so dizzy and tired by the time I got back that I had to make my breakfast and do the dishes sitting down in a chair.  I haven't had that happen in a long time.  :-(

Why Are the Post Offices So Far Away!  It takes way too long to get to anything that resembles a real post office around here.  I either have to go to Thousand Oaks or all the way down past the University (which I did today since I had to stop in at work anyway). Seriously, San Antonio is way too spaced out.  I didn't see it as a bad thing before, but now I'm starting to notice it.  Of course, it is likely that I'm just peeved about everything else in my life right now so this small thing just got piled on top.  I'll have to add it to list of things I'm not allowed to be peeved about.

No comments: