Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Day 226: 4/24/12 - "Beautiful Disaster"

"...She prays one day she'll find someone to need her
She swears there's no difference between the lies and compliments
It's all the same if everybody leaves her
And every magazine tells her she's not good enough
The pictures that she sees makes her cry
She would change everything, everything, just ask her
Caught in the in between of beautiful disaster...

...She never stays the same for long
Assuming that she'll get it wrong
Perfect only in her imperfection
She's not a drama queen
She doesn't wanna feel this way...

She's just the way she is
But no one's told her that's okay..."

-"Beautiful Disaster" by Jon McLaughlin

Disrespect: When someone disrespects you, it can come in many shapes and forms and even levels.  Often I feel slighted by the actions of others but I realize they don't mean it.  Those times only bother me for a short amount of time.  But then there are the times when I have been blatantly disrespected or had something happen that told me of how much someone disrespected me.  That happened twice today and the disrespect came from the same person.  One of the moments was to my face during a meeting.  I let this one slide because I honestly didn't care - when you aren't even subtle it makes you look like the rude person, not me.  But the other one was deeper, more pain inflicting, because it showed a blatant disrespect for my work, my time, and my abilities to do my job.  I won't go into detail, but suffice it to say that something I suggested was summarily dismissed - when the same idea was suggested by someone else, it had all of a sudden turned into a wonderful idea.  I didn't want credit for the idea, just recognition of the importance of the request when it was first made.  Sorry, I didn't know that my suggestions, thoughts, etc. weren't valued enough for you to bother paying any attention to them.  Did you even read the damn proposal or did you just dismiss it because of who presented it?  Not that it matters - I still benefit from your support of the proposal now.  I just wish you had thought about that 4 months ago...




No comments: