Sunday, April 22, 2012

Day 224: 4/22/12 - "If It Makes You Happy"

"If it makes you happy
It can't be that bad
If it makes you happy
Then why the hell are you so sad"

-"If It Makes You Happy" by Sheryl Crow


Don't Count On Me: I've tried so many times to show people just how much I shouldn't be counted on, but for some reason they just don't listen.  Don't get me wrong - I'm a very dependable person under the right situations.  Hell, I'll even give you the shirt off of my back if it would mean helping you stay warm.  But there are some things I cannot do and asking me to do them would not be useful to either of us.  So think carefully before you ask me for something - I might not be able to deliver.


Cookies For A Cause: I made three batches of cookies for work tomorrow.  These are actually intended for the students, so I was happy to make them, but I was peeved about the reason behind me making them.  We are using them to entice students to help us with a user study.  I'm peeved because I asked months ago for a budget for us to stock up on snacks just for this reason and was told no, that we could do it on a case by case basis.  I tried to explain that at times we would need to go out and attract students on short notice, as in the next day, and we wouldn't have time to order items and have them arrive in time.  So that leaves me helping out by baking cookies as an incentive. 


Cupcake Fail: Tonight I tried to make a Pina Colada Cupcake but they didn't turn out so well.  They were too moist and even though they originally rose, they collapsed on themselves when they came out of the oven, like little souffles.  I'll have to try to figure out what I did wrong, but I think enough of them survived for me to ice them and take them to work for taste testing.  Oh well, guess I can't always bake the perfect cupcakes!

No comments: