Monday, April 16, 2012

Day 217: 4/15/12 - "Big Empty"

"time to take her home
her dizzy head is conscience laden
time to take a ride
it leaves today no conversation
time to take her home
her dizzy head is conscience laden
time to wait too long
to wait too long
these conversations kill"

-"Big Empty: by the Stone Temple Pilots

When It All Hurts: Today was a day when everything hurt and I don't mean physically.  Today was a day where mentally everything bothered me.  I had trouble sleeping last night and didn't get to sleep until 2:30 am.  I was back up at 7:00 though and tried to stay in bed - which led to one of those quick naps that doesn't do you any good.  I finally got up at 9:00 am and tried to get some things accomplished.  Not sure how successful I was.  I did make it to the store and also managed to fix my dinner and lunch for the week.  I made gumbo again - that is becoming my favorite go-to meal since it is so easy to fix and seems to fill me up for a while.  I also made some salmon muffins (they turned out okay) and a chili mac dish (no cheese).  I also made strawberry cupcakes that appear to taste pretty good.  Not sure if the frosting came out the way I wanted but I tried.  I didn't want to use anything artificial to flavor them so I only used strawberries.  It seemed to work though the icing needs work (the acid in the berries broke the icing down and I needed more sugar to rework it - which made the icing too sweet).  I'll take them to work tomorrow anyway - someone will eat them.  I only had one but I'm sure it's not good for the weight I'm starting to put on again (can't quite figure that one out since I'm not eating more...probably the emotional weight gain issue again).  Oh well, at least this day is over and tomorrow is a new one....

No comments: