Saturday, April 28, 2012

Day 229: 4/27/12 - "What Do You Want From Me Now"

"You say, "What do you want from me now?"
Burn all your candles, turn out the light
What do you want from me now?
Forget the feeling that you've been feeling
Deep inside of me, we'll be alright..."

-"What Do You Want From Me Now" by Hootie & the Blowfish

Big Feet = Bad Shopping Experience: I hated shopping for shoes when I was a kid because my feet were so big.  But I now realize how much easier it was for me then because I really only needed three pairs of shoes: 1 pair of tennis shoes, one pair of flats, and a pair of cleats for softball.  Now I need heels and flats, different colors, boots, sandals.  I went to two stores tonight hoping to find some shoes and came up not only empty, but extremely disappointed.  I hit DSW and how annoying is it to have to walk around the store looking for a bright green sticker on a box that says "12" rather than just looking for the shoes you want.  I don't bother to look at the shoes because I don't want to get my hopes up, see a pair I just love, only to find out that not only do they not carry a size 12, they don't even make them in that size.  I finally gave up and went over to Nordstrom's Rack, thinking it had to be better since I know they have my size.  I found nothing in the style I wanted, though lots of shoes with 4 to 5 inch heels!  I don't even need a 1 inch heel, let alone 5 inches!  And even the flats, though there were a few nice looking ones, all were still way too much money.  I left feeling like a freak as usual, and realizing that cute shoes are just not in the cards for me.

Sorry For Being So Annoying: I feel the need to apologize to a lot of people for being so annoying.  I realize this about myself but I don't often realize I'm being annoying until after the fact.  Today I was annoying and I always tell myself afterwards to just shut up, don't say anything.  But I haven't figured out how to do that just yet.  I do know that I talk too much and that I'm fairly boring.  I talk a lot when I'm nervous or upset, so lately I've been talking a little too much.  Please feel free to tell me to shut up when I start getting annoying - true friends will.

No comments: