Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Day 206: 4/4/12 - "Sign on the Door"

"And her eyes are screaming
And her lips are pursed
And this ain't her first heartache
But it feels like, it feels like the worst
And she says
Can someone tell me how this can happen
And I guess that God only knows
My heart used to be
The sweet shop of love
But now the sign on the door
It says sorry we're closed
And I hear myself tell her
Some old words I know they won't help
And then I feel guilty
'Cause I closed some sweet shops myself
And we all talk about timing
And lifestyles and such
But to a heart that's been shattered
Those words don't mean that much"

-"Sign on the Door" by Edwin McCain

How Odd: I think that my chocolate and vanilla cupcakes baked up in the shape of countries, continents and states!  I swear I see New Jersey, Africa, Australia, and the US!  Okay, it's just my imagination, but it was fun to see!  I made a batch of 48 cupcakes that include chocolate, chocolate vanilla, vanilla, and chocolate banana.  I'm waiting on the frosting to cool down a bit before I apply it.  I'm baking because one of my staff member's last days is tomorrow and he likes chocolate, so chocolate cupcakes it is!  I'm hoping the cupcakes all came out okay - I only ate one of them to test, but they all smell good and look good.  Check out the pic!









Sunny Florida?   I think I'm going to take a trip down to Miami for my vacation this year.  I'll go sometime in May, probably after the semester is over but before the summer orientations start.  I won't stay long - I can't afford a long trip, but I've definitely earned some time away!  Hopefully I can get through the next month successfully and then I'll also have to make sure I'm able to afford time down there and still make it to Anaheim in June (what a pain that rip is going to be!)  No matter what, I need to see the sights, catch a ball game, and have some fun!

No comments: