Thursday, April 19, 2012

Day 221: 4/19/12 - "Shame"

"I'm the one you really want but you just can't see it
I tried and tried to make you understand, don't believe it
It's a shame, you're missing out on a good thing, oh, oh
And it's a shame you can't see a damn thing, ah huh

What you scared of me, for?  I'm just a woman
Maybe I got it all together like you think...

I can fend on my own, I'm magnificent
I'm a queen on my throne, I'm magnificent...

It's a shame, you're missing out on me
And it's a shame, you don't even know my name..."

-"Shame" by Jill Scott
Ain't it Funny? You spend time wondering about someone and hoping they might be thinking of you too - at least on occasion. But the hard truth is that it's a one way street and you are going the wrong way! That's me right now and I know I need to move on- but that's easier said than done. I have the right to dream, I just need to be able to keep reality and my dreams separate.

No comments: