Thursday, April 12, 2012

Day 214: 4/12/12 - "Days Go By"

"So don't sit back and watch the days go by
Are you ever gonna live before you die
And when things fall apart
The world has come undone
Leave it all behind
Leave the loneliness alone
You wait forever blind..."

-"Days Go By" by Lifehouse

Tough Day: Some days are just tougher than others.  Usually you know when these days are coming (you look at your schedule and cringe).  On other days everything starts out innocuously...then boom!  Everything blows up in your face.  That was today and I never saw it coming.  It really all started with one meeting that just never went right and all went downhill from there.  No way to save that run away train and jumping off would have been suicide, so I just rode it until it finally pulled into the station and I got to stagger my way off.  Leave it to me to find a metaphor and then not drop it (Choo choo!).  At least tomorrow is Friday and I can hopefully finish everything that is expected of me and also get through my e-mail, write a proposal for ACRL (I'm working on two), review websites for my committee, review the manual for LIRT, write a short newsletter article, finish compiling my stats, find the perfect pair of shoes.  That's not too much to ask, right?

No comments: