Sunday, April 29, 2012

Day 230: 4/28/12 - "Broken Hearted"

"While I'm lonely brokenhearted
Life's not over
I can start again
While I'm lonely brokenhearted
It's a hurting thing to get over"
 
-"Broken Hearted" by Brandy

Not Much to Say: I don't have much to say about my day today.  I ran 8.6 miles and nearly passed out afterwards.  About 6 miles into the run I came to the conclusion that I needed to stop running.  I'm in so much pain when I finish that the rest of my day is basically ruined.  Plus, I'm just not cut out for running.  I know I need to find something to replace running with or I'll have a bigger issue on my hand, but I'll have to worry about that later.  I tend to think a lot as I run and I often come up with new stories for the books I'll never finish, or decisions related to work or my life.  I just didn't expect my decision today to be about running.  I'm a little saddened at the idea of not running anymore.  I also feel as if I'm admitting defeat in my battle of the budge and again failing at something in my life.

Writing It All Out: Today I spent more time writing and working on my books than I have in a long time.  I also reread my books as I work on them (I have to for most since I don't remember what I wrote).  I was rereading one of them and actually made myself tear up over something I had imagined happening to someone in a book.  It was kind of nice to see that I had written something that could evoke an emotional response.  I'm just sad that it is likely no one else will read it.

No comments: