Saturday, April 21, 2012

Day 223: 4/21/12 - "Mary Jane"

"What's the matter Mary Jane
Had a hard day
So place the don't disturb sign on the door
You lost your place in line again
What a pity
You never seem to wanna dance anymore

It's a long way down
On this roller coaster
The last chance street car
Went off the track
An you're on it.."

-"Mary Jane" by Alanis Morissette

A Small Victory: Today I scored a small victory in my quest to be a better tennis player.  I actually won a set off of my tennis partner today.  It only took me about a year to do it (which wasn't great) but at least I finally did it.  Of course, I lost the match itself, but I have to take my small victories where I can get them.  But, a 1-6, 6-4, 2-6 score line is definitely better than anything I've put together before.  Maybe I'll actually improve my skills enough to consider playing a local tournament again.

Breaking Out Into Hives:  I either have a mosquito infestation in my apartment or I'm breaking out into hives.  I keep finding what looks like mosquito bites on my arms and legs and it just started today.  I'll have to keep an eye on that.  I don't know how I could have gotten a mosquito issue in my apartment and I definitely haven't seen anything flying around the apartment.  I hate bugs and bug bites are some of the itchiest out there!

Decisions, Decisions: Trying to make tough decisions that will have a great impact on your life is one of the toughest things to do.  I feel like I'm stuck between a rock, a hard place, and there is freezing cold water pouring down on top of me.  Yes, this is the stuff that causes nightmares.  And there are others who think they have the right to "help" me make this decision, but this one I have to make on my own.  They won't understand but for once I don't care.  I need to make a decision for myself because the ways things are going, there will only be myself to take care of me in the future.  If I don't put myself in position to be safe and secure, no one else will...

No comments: