Sunday, April 29, 2012

Day 231: 4/29/12 - "Precious Pain"

"Everybody's got a hunger
No matter who they are
Everybody clings to their own fears
Everybody hides some scars

Precious pain
Empty and cold
But it keeps me alive
I gave it my soul
So that I would survive
Keeping me safe in these chains
Precious pain

Everybody's got a reason
To abandon their plans
How can I think of tomorrow
With my sorrow in my hands

Each road that I walk down 
Reminds me of you
This who town is haunted
There'll never be anything new..."

-"Precious Pain" by Melissa Etheridge

And the Disrespect Continues: I really don't appreciate it when someone makes a decision about my staff that impacts others without first conferring with me.  Now I have to scramble to take care of the issues created by this decision and smooth a few things over with others.  Thank you very much for making a mess and leaving it for me to clean up.  Oh, and thank you for continuing to do things that show just how little you care about my experience, my knowledge, my ability in general to do my job.  I do appreciate you making it abundantly clear that I'm not wanted or needed.

Thanks for the Comments, But...If you are visiting a location that is not your home institution (say, a student from another local college), you should keep in mind that you are a visitor and really have no say in anything related to how we run our location.  We do appreciate your feedback on our services but really?  Complaining about how we run our study rooms and taking the time to outline how we should actually run the service is a little above and beyond.  I'm sorry your home institution does not offer 24 hour service as we do.  But you should be glad that we even let you in the doors after hours.  Some universities require you to be affiliated with that university to be in the library overnight. And no, we cannot allow you to check out study rooms or anything else really since you aren't a student.  And I'm sorry that our library isn't quiet enough for you - I'm sure there are other locations off of our campus that might appeal to you more.  I'm sure our students appreciate someone who did not choose to go to school at their institution telling us how to offer them services.  Maybe next time you should try to get a better understanding of why our policy is the way it is, rather than writing out a verbal rant about something you do not understand.  Just be glad we let you in the doors in the first place!

No comments: