Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Day 233: 5/1/12 - "Ignition"

"Sometimes you gotta pull the car over
To the side of the highway
Break down, kill the motor and cry
Sometimes you gotta try to keep living
Put the key in the ignition
And start your life over again"

-"Ignition" by Matt Stillwell"

The Urge to Scream: Have you ever just had the urge to stop and scream in complete frustration?  I had this sensation today, not once...not twice...but three times!  The first time came when I e-mailed a question to someone and they responded to a different question.  I reread my question and there is no way that they should not have been able to figure out what I was asking.  It happens more and more with this person and I find myself having to rewrite e-mails or reword everything I ask them - so much extra work!  The second time was similar, when I e-mailed someone and asked them a straight forward question and the response I got back was a flat out "no."  So I e-mailed them back and asked them the question again, with an example of what I meant, and they e-mailed me that they would look into it.  They later responded that it could be done.  I wasn't upset that it took them some time to get an answer - I could have waited longer.  But the initial "no" without even trying made me so angry!  And the final straw were the two e-mails that came this afternoon.  One was a week late - sorry, don't need that answer anymore.  The other one was a blatant "I'm checking up on you because I've been told to, but I'm going to try to make it sound like it was my idea and that it is just something to help me out."  BS!  I know exactly what you are doing - I'm not stupid or blind, though you and a few others seem to think that I am.  Yes, by the time I was done with my late night chat shifts, I was ready to scream...I hope that sensation goes away tomorrow because I'm in for a long day....

No comments: