Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Day 248: 5/16/12 - "Waiting For a Star to Fall"

"I hear your name whispered on the wind
It's a sound that makes me cry
I hear a song blow again and again
Through my mind and I don't know why
I wish I didn't feel so strong about you
Like happiness and love revolve around you

Trying to catch your heart
Is like trying to catch a star
So many people love you baby
That must be what you are

Waiting for a star to fall
And carry your heart into my arms
That's where you belong
In my arms baby, yeah...

Waiting (however long...)
I don't like waiting (I'll wait for you...)
It's so hard waiting (don't be too long...)
Seems like waiting (makes me love you even more...)"

-"Waiting For a Star to Fall" by Boy Meets Girl

Strange Days: Today was strange because it 1) went by so fast and 2) didn't have any major catastrophes.  Not that every day recently has had a major catastrophe, but it sure has felt as if bad things have been happening a lot lately.  Today I made it through some situations that I worried would turn out badly but all turned out the way I hoped.  Now I have to continue to go into the situations with the belief that they will work out...and having the patience to wait for my hard work to be rewarded.

Lyrics Come to Life: I haven't written any new songs lately, but the one I actually finished keeps popping into my head tonight, specifically one refrain...

But I, don't wanna know what life is like all alone
Don't wanna spend another lonely night by the phone
Don't wanna face a future unknown
Can't imagine the days with you gone...
 I write such depressing songs!  I need to find some happiness and some joy so I can start writing more positive lyrics.  Especially if those darn songs are going to keep popping into my head and playing over and over, and over, and over....you get the picture...

No comments: